Choral Festival Funding
Choral Festival Funding is available to support the gathering of choirs in an adjudicated process that further
their understanding, skill and appreciation of the art of choral singing. The maximum Festival Funding awarded per year is $1,000 per festival. Funding is limited and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The hosting organization must be a member of the Saskatchewan Choral Federation.
- The festival must be provincial in scope such that attendance should be open to anyone in Saskatchewan and must be advertised throughout Saskatchewan (ie. SCF Choral E-notes and social media)
Applications will be accepted from SCF Members in good standing and will include the following:
- A completed application form signed by two Executive Officers.
- Financial statements from the festival's most recent year of operation
Application deadlines are September 1 (winter festivals), January 1 (spring/summer festivals) and March 1 (fall festivals).
Adjudications will be based on:
- Completeness of the application
- Funds available
- Number of participants and groups involved
- Length of the project
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please attach additional pages if you require more space on the form.
- No festival will be funded unless funds are required to cover costs.
- Festival funding may not be used for personal services, the purchase of alcohol, or for out-of-province travel except when it involves returning instructors, clinicians or adjudicators to their homes.
- Festivals that compete with Saskatchewan Choral Federation programs, services, or activities are not eligible for funding.
Disbursement of Funds
- Funds for festivals are disbursed in two payments. Two-thirds will be forwarded upon approval of the request; the final one-third will be forwarded upon receipt of the Final Report Form.
- The Final Report Form for festivals must be completed and submitted to the SCF Office within 60 days of the end of the festival.
- Festivals that do not meet deadlines will be be eligible for funding, and/or will waive their right to receive outstanding funding disbursements.
The Saskatchewan Choral Federation reserves the right to terminate funding to any festival that consistently incurs a deficit or operates at a significant profit.
- Successful applicants must maintain their SCF Membership for both the year in which the funding assistance application is submitted and the year in which funding assistance is approved.
- Successful applicants are required to provide the Saskatchewan Choral Federation with free space for one page advertisement in the Festival Program
- Successful applicants must acknowledge Sask Lotteries as the funder and in partnership with the Saskatchewan Choral Federation by using the respective logos on all printed materials or electronic media, etc. Logos are available at the following links. Sask Lotteries LOGO SCF Logo. If uncertain about logo use, please contact the SCF Office. (Logo use information can be found here.)
- Festivals should attempt to schedule events on dates that do not conflict with other SCF-funded activities.
Completed forms and inquiries can be forwarded to the Saskatchewan Choral Federation office.
Download the forms by following the links below.
Festival Funding Application Form
Festival Funding Follow-up Report Form