1. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Singers may be recommended by their teacher or choral director or may apply on their own. To apply for an audition, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
First Name and Last Name; Email, Voice Part, Town/City
2. MATERIAL SUBMISSION
Singers that apply or are recommended will be sent a link to the online Chorister Questionnaire and benchmark music piece. All audition materials must be received in the Saskatchewan Choral Federation office by midnight (12:00 noon) on Monday, September 20, 2021. Singers must submit the following as part of their audition package.
- Chorister Questionnaire
thorough as possible when answering - this information will form part of your audition package and will impact your overall audition.
Specific audition requirements must be met.
- Audition Recording
- Chromatic scale - one octave (ascending and descending, unaccompanied)
- One (1) test piece provided by SCF as a benchmark
- No sight-reading component is required, but a high level of musicianship is expected
- Specifics will be provided upon expression of interest
IMPORTANT: Recording quality will affect judging - please use the best equipment possible.
- Musical References
- Work ethic - Ability to hold a part
- Commitment - Leadership ability
- Ability to handle SYC participation along with other commitments
Submit audition materials before 11:59 pm on Thursday, September 30, 2021 to:
Saskatchewan Choral Federation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Kayla Stadnick, Program Manager, at 1-877-524-6725 (toll-free), (306) 780-9230 (local) or email - email@example.com
Successful applicants will be notified by email in early October.